Wednesday 17 March 2010

Where's my mojo gone?

Firstly, sorry for the enormous gap since my first post, I promise to try harder from now on!

I'm struggling at the moment to fight the feeling that, despite many positive things on the horizon, everything is crumbling around me and will topple and crush me very soon. I know that seems incredibly melodramatic but it really is the best way I can describe how I feel when I contemplate the astronomical amount of things I currently have on my 'To Do' list. Not that I actually have a list right now because the thought of even writing everything down also seems incredibly daunting and makes me slightly want to cry.

You see, I fear I have lost my list writing mojo. This may not seem like a big deal to you, but let me assure you, this is a huge deal for me. Lists are my 'thing'. I've been frequently mocked in the past for the length of my lists (have to contain a certain number of items due to my OCD) or indeed for the sheer number of them. I once even wrote a list of the lists I needed to make!

I am aware I sound like a complete nutter here by the way.

So, I have what feels like hundreds of 'jobs' swimming around somewhere in my head just waiting for me to remember to do them.

Ok, you may say, start without a list. This is impossible for me. It's just not how I work. I need that feeling of complete and utter organisation and focus that a list brings to the task at hand. I crave the feeling of satisfaction you get as you gradually tick items off.

So, I'm stuck. I can't get my head around writing my lists and I can't start without them.

What's a girl to do? Surf the net I suppose!


1 comment:

  1. I'm not naturally a list fan, but I do believe that unless you write things down, your brain wants to hang on to them and can't let go (I'm a little obsessed with GTD/Getting Things Done if you've heard of it...).

    How about not thinking about it as a list, that's organised and planned and everything, but just a brain dump? Get a bunch of post-its and write one thing that's on your mind on each one? You can sort them out later - and make a little pile for the other half ;-)

    I'm with you though - I need to do the same (can dish the advice, just not take it!!). And my blog is suffering from the same neglect as my house, garden and job!

    If you really want to achieve something though, you have to switch off the internet. I'm about to do that. Honest. Well, as soon as I've tweeted you to say I've commented...

    ReplyDelete